Continuing and Professional Education Program
You are here
The Continuing and Professional Education (CPE) Rubric, Second Edition, a research- and best practices-supported tool, guides the design and review of online and blended non-credit courses. The design of your corporate training, lifelong learning, teacher professional development, and competency-based courses can benefit from use of the CPE Rubric Standards.
As of 2015, we’ve widened the Rubric’s focus to include competency-based education (CBE) and reflect continuing research in online and blended learning regarding non-credit courses. There is also a portal to allow for digital access to the annotated Rubric and standards. Lastly, we have a detailed workbook designed to assist with your use of the Rubric.
QM helps organizations create and sustain a successful Continuing and Professional Education program by providing a framework based on research and best practices. Learn more about the CPE Rubric’s development.
Why Use the CPE Rubric? QM CPE Standards help organizations:
- Ensure maximum return on investment in course development with well-designed courses that deliver expected results
- Improve the design of academic non-credit, professional training and personal development courses in a cost-effective way
- Create well-structured courses with research-based standards to engage learners
- Ensure learning is effective and meets course objectives
- Earn a nationally recognized quality assurance credential with courses’ QM Certification
- Learn design strategies to develop a replicable approach to course development
- Submit courses for review by expert reviewers
A CPE Subscription includes:
- Online access to the annotated Rubric and Standards
- Reduced costs for professional development related to improved course quality and design
- A workbook for use in course design and professional development
- Reduced costs for QM-led course reviews
Once a Subscription is in place, CPE subscribers will appoint Quality Matters Coordinators to:
- Lead the implementation of the Rubric processes and procedures
- Act as their organization’s QM liaison for course reviews and other learning opportunities
- Spread the word about QM implementation and professional development
Learn more about CPE Subscription Fees and Benefits.
Need help? Let our QM Subscription Services Manager assist.