The ABCs of QM-Focused Research
In The ABCs of QM-Focused Research workshop you will learn how to design a research study on online education as it relates to the evidence of implementation of Quality Matters Standards and the impact of Quality Matters on online and/or blended education. This process will include choosing a topic of interest, constructing a literature review supporting your research topic, developing and refining a research question, choosing a framework based on your assumptions of teaching and learning, as well as a research approach to guide you in creating a study methodology, and considering how the results of the study might be used to improve online education.
- Recognize the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Choose a topic of interest for developing your research question.
- Construct an annotated bibliography from a review of the literature to guide you in refining your research topic.
- Choose a framework for your research topic that will support the development of a doable research question.
- Select outcome measures that match your research question.
- Design a doable methodology for data collection and analysis.
Approximately 8-10 hours per week