Travel information, local sites, who should attend and more are covered in the general information categories on this page. If your question didn’t get answered here, please contact Beth Knapp, QM Events & Conferences Manager.
Who should attend?
If you are committed to quality assurance in higher education, K-12, educational publishing or continuing and professional education, there will be content for you.
- Institutional Leaders (President, Chancellor, Provost, Vice President, Principal, Superintendent, etc.)
- Program Administrators (Dean, Director, Manager, Coordinator, Assistant Principal, etc.)
- Faculty (Course Instructor, Adjunct, Facilitator, etc.)
- Instructional Support Staff (Instructional Designer, Instructional Technologist, etc.)
How can I get approval?
I am an individual member. How to I register at the member rate?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the code to use.
When are the pre-conference workshops?
Pre-conference workshops are Tuesday, October 30. Full-day workshops will run 8 AM - 5 PM. Half-day workshops will run 8 AM - noon and 1 PM - 5 PM. Breakfast and lunch are included for those attending a full-day or two half-day workshops. See pricing >>
Who should register for the Newcomer's Breakfast?
The Newcomer's breakfast is for those who are new to Quality Matters. There is no charge for this event, but you do need to register.
When does the conference begin and end?
The conference will begin with pre-conference workshops (separate fee) on Tuesday, October 30, followed by a reception that evening (nominal fee), from 6 PM - 7:30 PM. Sessions will begin Wednesday morning, October 31 and run through noon, Friday, November 2.
What does the conference registration fee cover?
The registration fee includes all sessions Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. It also covers breakfast, lunch and breaks Wednesday and Thursday as well as breakfast and a break on Friday. The Tuesday evening reception is optional for an additional $15 fee (selected during registration). Registration does not cover dinners. See pricing and how to get the best rate >>
Where are we staying for the conference?
The conference is being held at the Marriott St. Louis Grand. Rooms are $199 plus tax per night. Reserve your room.
- Avoid “room block pirates” looking to take advantage of you if you book your room through some other method.
- Help ensure your reservation counts toward our obligation to the hotel by booking through the link provided.
How do I get from the airport to the Marriott St. Louis Grand?
The hotel does not have a shuttle.
- Estimated taxi fare: $40 (one way)
- Bus service, fee: $7 (one way)
- Subway service, fee: $3.50 (one way)
- Discounted shuttle
How about hotel parking?
The hotel offers both self and valet parking.
What is there to do in St. Louis? Lots!
- Of course there is the Gateway Arch National Park.
- The Cathedral Basilica of St. Louis has beautiful mosaics.
- Are you a fan of botanical gardens? Check out Mo Bot - the Missouri Botanical Garden
- Museums - St. Louis has museums - from the Cardinals Hall of Fame to The Magic House to the Museum of Transportation.
- See free options here.
- Are you a foodie? Here are 5 you must try in St. Louis.
Is there a dress code?
We suggest business casual
Can we connect with other attendees before we arrive?
Check back in mid September for information about how you can begin conversations before the conference.
Is there a conference hashtag?
Tell Us Your #QMConnect Story
Six words, ten words, 140 characters — we don’t care, we just want you to tell us about your QM Connect highlights while you’re immersed in your conference experience. Here are some prompts to choose from:
- Define an “Aha Moment” — that session, workshop, presenter or conversation that helped you connect the dots
- Describe the thing you can’t wait to tell your colleagues about
- Share your overall conference experience
- Tell us the one thing you’ll put into action
Get more information on our Share Your Love page about this