Travel information, local sites, who should attend and more are covered in the general information categories on this page. If your question didn’t get answered here, please contact Beth Knapp, QM Events & Conferences Manager.
Who should attend?
If you are committed to quality assurance in higher education, K-12, educational publishing or continuing and professional education, there will be content for you.
- Institutional Leaders (President, Chancellor, Provost, Vice President, Principal, Superintendent, etc.)
- Program Administrators (Dean, Director, Manager, Coordinator, Assistant Principal, etc.)
- Faculty (Course Instructor, Adjunct, Facilitator, etc.)
- Instructional Support Staff (Instructional Designer, Instructional Technologist, etc.)
How can I get approval?
I am an individual member. How to I register at the member rate?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the code to use.
When are the pre-conference workshops?
Pre-conference workshops are Sunday, September 24. Full-day workshops will run 8am - 5pm. Half-day workshops will run 8am - noon and 1pm - 5pm. Breakfast and lunch are included for those attending a full-day or two half-day workshops. See pricing >>
Who should register for the Newcomer's Breakfast?
The Newcomer's breakfast is for those who are new to Quality Matters. There is no charge for this event, but you do need to register.
When does the conference begin and end?
The conference will begin with pre-conference workshops (separate fee) on Sunday, September 24, followed by a reception that evening (nominal fee), from 6pm - 7:30pm. Sessions will begin Monday morning, September 25 and run through 12:30 pm, Wednesday, September 27.
What does the conference registration fee cover?
The registration fee includes all sessions Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. It also covers breakfast, lunch and breaks Monday and Tuesday as well as breakfast and a break on Wednesday. The Sunday evening reception is optional for an additional $10 fee (selected during registration). Registration does not cover dinners. See pricing and how to get the best rate >>
Where are we staying for the conference?
The conference is being held at the Omni Ft. Worth. Rooms are $199 plus tax per night. Book your room >>
- Avoid “room block pirates” looking to take advantage of you if you book your room through some other method.
- Help ensure your reservation counts toward our obligation to the hotel by booking through the link provided.
How do I get from the airport to the Omni?
The hotel does not have a shuttle.
DAL airport is further from the Omni Fort Worth. A taxi from DAL is approximately $70. We encourage you to share a taxi or use the Super Shuttle.
How about hotel parking?
Valet parking at the hotel is $22.50 Or, explore other parking options.
What is there to do in Fort Worth? Lots!
- We’ll be right by Sundance Square - An Amusement Park for Your Mouth
- You really need to see the Stockyards
- The Kimbell Art Museum has a wonderful collection and admission to their permanent collection is free!
- Check out Billy Bob’s, the largest Honky Tonk in the world.
Is there a dress code?
We suggest business casual
Can we connect with other attendees before we arrive?
Check back in mid August for information about how you can begin conversations before the conference.
Is there a conference hashtag?
Tell Us Your #QMConnect Story
Six words, ten words, 140 characters — we don’t care, we just want you to tell us about your QM Connect highlights while you’re immersed in your conference experience. Here are some prompts to choose from:
- Define an “Aha Moment” — that session, workshop, presenter or conversation that helped you connect the dots
- Describe the thing you can’t wait to tell your colleagues about
- Share your overall conference experience
- Tell us the one thing you’ll put into action
Get more information on our events page about this