The ABCs of Online Learning Research
In this workshop, participants are asked to come with a general idea/topic that they’d like to research. Through the course of the workshop, they will grow and refine that idea into a quality research proposal. Whether you’re new to researching online learning or are an experienced researcher, the learning activities in this workshop, along with the feedback and guidance of your facilitator and peers, will help you avoid some of the pitfalls in online learning research and develop a quality research project to meet stakeholder needs.
- Recognize the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Choose a topic of interest for developing your research question.
- Construct an annotated bibliography from a review of the literature to guide you in refining your research topic.
- Choose a framework for your research topic that will support the development of a doable research question.
- Select outcome measures that match your research question.
- Design a doable methodology for data collection and analyses.
Approximately 8-10 hours per week