Purposefully moving forward with quality online learning requires ensuring all learners are able to access instructional materials, handouts, worksheets, and other instruction. Ensure your faculty and staff know that creating material is essential to ensuring an equitable learning experience for everyone. Empower them with the knowledge needed to create materials that are accessible from the start and set them up to help all learners succeed by giving them access to the following series of short professional learning with actionable takeaways.
Faculty who complete this package will be able to:
- Use basic HTML to create accessible web content
- Apply accessibility principles to create accessible Word and PDF documents
- Add closed caption to videos using YouTube or Amara
- Apply strategies to ensure multimedia used in courses are learner friendly and accessible
To set up dedicated sessions for one or more of these workshops, please contact QM's Professional Development Registrar or complete the form on this page.
- This series is available for Higher Ed. and K-12.
- These sessions are interactive and require that each participant log in on their own computer and use a headset.
- Choose one or several sessions for your group of 10+ participants to achieve your accessibility goals.
- Dedicated sessions can be set up for a time and date that is convenient for your group. You can also create your own series by selecting sessions from different categories.
- Fee is per participant, with a minimum of 10 per workshop.