Thank you for your interest in the QM Instructional Designer’s Association. The full website is currently unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have it back online soon.
This page has basic information about the association, how to sign up and options for engaging with members.
The Quality Matters Instructional Designers Association (QM IDA) is a special interest group of Quality Matters.
The QM Instructional Designers Association Mission is to promote and improve the quality of online education and student learning through instructional design practice by providing professional development opportunities to strengthen instructional design practice, building community, networking, and fostering mentoring opportunities, promoting quality standards-based practice informed by research and sharing best practices.
As a group we provide self-paced free or low-cost professional development, establish an online space for networking and professional partnerships, promote collaboration and mentorship between instructional design professionals, build a community for everyone, regardless of background, promote quality standards based practice which is informed by research, and participate in problem solving, research, and sharing of best practice.
The goals of the QM IDA are to:
- Provide professional development as well as an online space for networking and development of professional partnerships
- Promote collaboration and mentorship between instructional design professionals in an open community, regardless of background, focused on quality standards based practice which is informed by research
- Encourage instructional design information and resource sharing on a national scale where problem-solving, research, and best practice is freely exchanged.
How to Sign Up
A current QM subscription — either individually or through an institution — is required for membership in the QM IDA. If you are unsure if your institution is a member, you can search to find out.
Sign Up with Through Your Institution’s QM Membership
- Sign in to your MyQM account*.
- Select the "My Tools" menu.
- Select the Role Applications link.
- Select the QM Instructional Designers Association Application link.
Sign Up with an Individual QM Membership
- Log into or create* a MyQM account
- Click “Subscribe” from the left side menu.
- Select “Subscribe Today!”
- Complete the short online form with your contact and payment information to purchase the Individual Subscription
- Once the subscription is activated, complete the QM Instructional Designers Association Application found in MyQM > My Tools > Role Applications.
*To create a MyQM account, choose “I am new here” on the login page.
Get Involved & Get Answers
QM IDA Learning Exchange Webinars
Join QM IDA members several times a year for free webinars delivered by your peers. Registration is limited to current members of the QM IDA.
Date: Thursday, June 27, 2019
Time: 1:00 p.m. ET
Session Title: ID Tokenomics: Taking Project Management to the Bank
Description: Changing organizational culture isn't easy and changing one within higher ed can seem impossible — but in this webinar, we’ll show you how! Join MSU Denver as we share our award-winning adaptive approach to project management and course design. This economics-inspired framework has changed our culture, and it can change yours too.
At MSU Denver we know that actualizing the future of education we envision only comes from courageous and disruptive change. In this webinar, we explore the Course Design Xchange (CoDeX), an innovative, QM-informed, tokenomics-inspired approach to instructional design and project management which ensures quality, equity, accountability, and continuous improvement.Register Now
Join the QM IDA Listserv
The QM IDA Listserv provides QM IDA members with a forum for networking, support and sharing resources related to the instructional design profession. Its primary purpose is to encourage collaboration, informal mentorship and communication related to instructional design resources.
Instructions for Joining the Listserv:
- Verify your membership in the QM IDA*: Visit MyQM. After logging in, select My Tools in the secondary navigation menu. Then select “IDA Search.” Use your name or email address as the search criterion. The search should produce your information if your membership is current.
- Once your membership is verified, request to join the QM IDA Listserv by filling out the short QM IDA Listserv form.
- It will take approximately three days for your information to be included in the ListServ system. You will receive a notification from the Google Group when you’ve been added.