Higher Ed Program > Course Reviews
Quality Matters promotes a peer review process and provides a database of qualified QM Peer Reviewers eligible for assignment to a peer review team. Any subscribing institution may conduct internal or informal reviews or contract with Quality Matters to conduct an official review. Official Subscriber-Managed course reviews may be conducted only by eligible subscribers. Courses that successfully meet the QM Rubric Standards in an official (Subscriber-Managed or QM-Managed) course review are eligible for QM recognition.
Want to Have a Course Reviewed?
Course Reviews may be contracted on a course by course basis. Read about preparing for a Quality Matters Course Review which provides course preparation guidelines and the steps in an Official QM-Managed Course Review. Please read this before completing a Course Review Application. You may contact our QM Review Coordinator for more information.
An official course review must meet the following criteria:
- Use of current QM Standards
- Review of online or blended (hybrid) course
- Three-person peer review team
- All reviewers are eligible QM-Certified Peer Reviewers
- At least one reviewer is external to the institution submitting the course
- At least one reviewer is designated as subject matter expert
- Team Chair is a QM Master Reviewer
Want to be a Peer Reviewer?
A Quality Matters Peer Reviewer:
- Must complete professional development sequence
- Submit the Peer Reviewer Application
- Submit the Memorandum of Understanding, and resubmit annually (by updating information in MyQM)
Eligibility requirements to become a QM Certified Peer Reviewer*:
- Successful completion of the Applying the QM Rubric Workshop and the Peer Reviewer Course.
- Current for-credit online teaching experience (within the last 18 months).
- Complete an Application and a Memo of Understanding. Submit to QM.
- Be a current Higher Education Subscriber (Affiliated with an institutional subscriber or Individual Subscription)
*Instructors who teach "web-enhanced" courses only are not eligible nor are Teaching Assistants (TAs).
Contact the Director, Quality Assurance if you have any questions.
Quality Matters has recognized these courses.