Creating Discussion Board Rubrics
Get the most out of discussion board posts by developing a rubric for learners so they know what's expected of them.
Virtual Delivery (Synchronous)
Fee with Membership (Single Registration):
Fee (Single Registration):
The "Creating Discussion Board Rubrics" workshop explores how to develop discussion board rubrics that explain to the learners the criteria that will be used to assess their work, encourage critical thinking, and enable you to provide better feedback to your learners. Rubrics can be powerful tools that benefit both the instructor and the learner. You will create a discussion board rubric that helps your learners maximize learning in your discussion forums.
Current and future online instructors, and anyone interested in online teaching topics.
- Discuss the purpose of using a rubric
- Explain the benefits of using rubrics
- Discuss how to create a rubric
- Create a discussion board rubric
Ability to Read and Write Standard Business English
What Participants Need
- 2 hours of focused time
Synchronous Session Info
Enrollment Requirements: 10 minimum - 20 maximum per session
April 2023 Sessions
- See the Virtual/Synchronous tab on the Professional Development Schedule for dates. Select "Register" to see the time offered.
- Workshops are offered at either 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. eastern or 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. eastern on the day listed.
Offered as Virtual Workshop for a Group:
Offered as Online Workshop for a Group:
Offered as On-Site Workshop for a Group:
Virtual or On-Site Group Session Fee with Membership:
$1,500.00 (See details)
Virtual or On-Site Group Session Fee:
$2,000.00 (See details)