If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact QM by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail: QM Quality Matters, 1997 Annapolis Exchange Parkway, Annapolis, MD 21401.
Information Collection & Use
Our primary goal in collecting personally identifiable information is to provide you with the products and services made available through the Websites, including, but not limited to our services, to communicate with you, and to manage your registered user account, if you have one.
Information We Collect About You
Information You Provide
- Identification Information: Your name; email address; mailing address; phone number; institution/organization affiliation(s).
- Financial Information: Financial documents and contracts for complying with document retention laws.
- Other Information You Provide: Information that you voluntarily provide to us, including your survey responses; helpdesk ticket details; and suggestions for improvements; conference presentation details.
Information We Collect From Your Use of our Services
We collect information about you and the devices you use to access the Services, such as your computer, mobile phone, or tablet. The information that we collect includes:
- Device Information: Information about your device, including your hardware model, operating system and version, device name, unique device identifier, mobile network information, and information about the device’s interaction with our Services.
- Use Information: Information about how you use our Services, including your access time, login information, browser type and language, country and language setting on your device, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the domain name of your Internet service provider, other attributes about your browser, mobile device and operating system, any specific page you visit on our platform, content you view, features you use, the date and time of your visit to or use of the Services, your search terms, the website you visited before you visited or used the Services, data about how you interact with our Services, and other clickstream data.
How We Use Your Information
Information Collected Upon Registration: If you desire to have access to certain restricted sections of the Websites, you will be required to become a registered user, and to submit certain personally identifiable information to QM. This happens in a number of instances, such as when you sign up for our services, or if you desire to receive marketing materials and information. Personally identifiable information that we may collect in such instances may include your full name, username, password, email address, address, telephone number, institution/organization affiliation(s) and other information that you decide to provide us with, or that you decide to include in your public profile.
Use of Contact Information: In addition, we may use your contact information to market to you, and provide you with information about, our products and services, including but not limited to our services. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such information or communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications.
Your Account: If you use this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. QM reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in their sole discretion.
You may access, change, or correct information that you have provided by logging into your MyQM account at any time or by submitting a ticket request. We may need to verify your identity before granting access or otherwise changing or correcting your information.
Deactivating Your Account
If you wish to deactivate your account, you can submit a helpdesk ticket and QM can help with this process.
You can opt out of receiving promotional messages from QM Quality Matters by logging into your MyQM profile and selecting “NO, I don’t want to receive QM emails.” If you decide to opt out, we can still send you non-promotional communications, such as system messages and messages about your activity (i.e. Course Review, Professional Development, etc.) or our ongoing business relations.
How We Share Your Information
We may share information about you as follows:
With Other Users of our Services with Whom You Interact: With other users of our Services with whom you interact through your own use of our Services. For example, we may share information through interactions within our systems while on a course review or enrolled in professional development.
With your Affiliated Institution(s)/Organization(s): With institutions/organizations and specifically QM Coordinators/Lead QM Coordinators. For example, we may share information through MyQM or CRMS activity reports including course reviews, program reviews, professional development and conference attendance.
Law Enforcement: We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of QM Quality Matters, Inc., MarylandOnline, Inc. or a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
How Long We Retain Your Information
We generally retain your information as long as reasonably necessary to provide you the Services or to comply with applicable law. However, even after you deactivate your account, we can retain copies of information about you and any transactions or Services in which you may have participated for a period of time that is consistent with applicable law, applicable statute of limitations or as we believe is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, to detect or prevent fraud, to collect fees owed, to resolve disputes, to address problems with our Services, to assist with investigations, or other applicable agreements or policies, or to take any other actions consistent with applicable law.