Teaching Online: An Introduction to Online Delivery (TOL)
Please refer to the Schedule & Checklist for more information on workshop requirements.
The “Teaching Online: An Introduction to Online Delivery” workshop explores basic components of online course delivery. Participants will be introduced to best practices for teaching in an online learning environment, the instructor’s role and the learner’s role in the online classroom, the importance of getting (and keeping) students engaged, and methods of facilitating online discussions using the discussion board.
- Apply best practices in teaching and learning in an online learning environment.
- Explain the role of the instructor in an online learning environment.
- Explain the learner’s role in online learning.
- Develop a resource to help learners be successful in the role of an online learner.
- Explain the importance of orienting learners to online learning.
- List methods of engaging and motivating learners in an online course.
- Explain the importance of instructor interaction and timely feedback in online courses.
- Determine appropriate instructor interaction and feedback in online courses.
- List best practices for facilitating discussion boards.
- Create a discussion board rubric for assessing learner participation in discussion boards.
- Align assessment methods with learning objectives or competencies.
Ability to Read and Write Standard Business English
A minimum commitment of 10-12 hours per week is recommended for achieving the learning objectives.
QM also offers a Teaching Online Certificate — a package of seven workshops that can be taken in any order. This workshop is not included in the Teaching Online Certificate.