Synchronous Online Teaching
This facilitated workshop guides participants through the planning and development of a synchronous online course. After a brief history of distance education, participants will discuss the considerations that go into designing a synchronous online course, such as module development, chunking content, and synchronous active learning strategies. Participants will begin to build their own course map and plan for synchronous online sessions within their course.
• Instructional Designers supporting faculty who are teaching synchronously online
• Administrators looking to understand best practices for teaching synchronously online
- Identify best practices for synchronous online delivery.
- Describe important considerations for synchronous design, especially those that impact delivery.
- Design a plan for implementing synchronous online learning.
Ability to Read and Write Standard Business English
- 4 hours of focused time
Enrollment Requirements: 10 minimum - 20 maximum per session