APPQMR Online Facilitator Certification (AOFC)
The AOFC is an intensive, three week long course that prepares participants to serve in the role of QM Certified Online Facilitator for the APPQMR workshop. The course prepares qualified participants to facilitate the online Applying the QM Rubric (APPQMR) workshop including preparation, navigation, management, and assessment. A synchronous session is held at the beginning of the course to explain the setup and requirements of the course.
Upon completion of this certification, the online APPQMR workshop will be available upon request from QM for Independent Certified Online Facilitators in Quality Matters' learning management system (Moodle). A technology fee of $25.00 per enrollment will be charged to the institution, which includes preparation of the site, maintenance, and technical support. Cap for the online version is 20 participants per session. Multiple sessions must be requested to accommodate more than 20 participants.
- Articulate the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Describe the structure, organization, and purpose of the Applying the QM Rubric workshop.
- Summarize the responsibilities and logistics of facilitating the APPQMR workshop.
- Grade and provide feedback to APPQMR participants on quizzes, forums, and assignments.
- Answer questions asked by APPQMR participants.
- Solve problems that occur when facilitating the APPQMR.
- Successful completion of the Applying the QM Rubric (APPQMR)
- Successful completion of the Peer Reviewer Course (PRC)
- Institution subscription must be on Full or System subscription, (not a Basic subscription)
- Institution approval (and, where applicable, System approval). The QM Coordinator and the participant must sign and submit to QM the “APPQMR Online Facilitator Parameters” document. Note: for institutions part of a System subscription, the System Lead QM Coordinator must approve and sign the agreement, too. The document must be submitted to QM prior to the conclusion of the course.
- Completion of the APPQMR Online Facilitator Parameters document
A substantial time commitment is required to demonstrate the competencies necessary to complete the AOFC. Participants enrolled in the AOFC should expect to spend approximately 40 hours to complete this course in the three week period (some participants spend much more time than 40 hours).
Ability to attend the synchronous session during the first week.
The AOFC includes an essay test that must be completed by the second day of the course (Friday) and is estimated to take three hours to complete.
The synchronous session is mandatory for all participants in the course.
- Start date: January 9, 2020, Synchronous Session will be held Friday, January 10, 2020, from 12PM - 2PM Eastern Time
- Start date: March 12, 2020, Synchronous Session will be held Friday, March 13, 2020, from 12PM - 2PM Eastern Time
- Start date: May 28, 2020, Synchronous Session TBA