Higher Ed QM Coordinator Training (QMCT)
Please refer to the Schedule & Checklist for more information on training requirements.
This is a self-paced session that is intended for individuals within an institution who will act as the liaison between the institution and Quality Matters (QM). Institutions may have one or more QM Coordinators. Individuals with this role are automatically enrolled in the training site.
As the institution's primary point of contact for QM, you will learn about Quality Matters first. Other modules include Facilitate Communications, Become the QM Expert, Planning and Managing Professional Development Activities, How to Manage a Course Review, and a final module for wrapping it all up. A "QM Coordinator" quiz is available to check your understanding. Once the quiz is completed with an 85%, you'll be marked "Complete" in MyQM.
- Communicate all pertinent information between Quality Matters and the institution
- Demonstrate a wide-ranging knowledge of QM policies and practices and subscription-related information
- Demonstrate an extensive knowledge of QM Professional Development
- Create a draft QM Implementation Plan for the institution
- Demonstrate readiness to manage Course Reviews
- Demonstrate readiness to hold the role of QM Coordinator
Ability to Read and Write Standard Business English
You should complete all activities in the session including the quiz. There are three attempts available to complete the quiz. Although this is designed as a self-paced training for Higher Education (HE) QMCs, QM's HE Subscriber Services Manager will be monitoring the "Q&A Discussion" to address any questions.
- QM Coordinator Training (QMCT) is only available to QM Coordinators at subscribing institutions. QM Coordinators are automatically enrolled in the training when the role is assigned.
- The role assignment for QMC can be changed by completing the Add/Change QM Coordinator form.