K-12 Online Facilitator Certification for APP (K-12 AOFC)
Please refer to the Schedule & Checklist for more information on course requirements.
The K-12 Online Facilitator Certification (K-12 AOFC) will enable you with the skills needed to facilitate the online Applying the QM K-12 Rubric (K-12 APP) workshop including preparation, navigation, management, and assessment. (The online Applying the QM K-12 Rubric workshop is the first step in preparing members of your organization to become K-12 Course Reviewers).
If your organization holds a current K-12 Training License, upon successful completion of the K-12 Online Facilitator Certification course, you can offer the Applying the QM K-12 Rubric workshop as an Independent Facilitator for your organization using QM's learning management system.
- Articulate the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Facilitate and manage the Applying the K-12 QM Rubric workshop.
- Provide helpful feedback to participants in the Applying the QM K-12 Rubric workshop.
- Describe the roles and expectations for K-12 QM-Certified Online Facilitators.
- Explain the process for requesting and using QM’s learning management system to offer your online Applying the QM K-12 Rubric workshop sessions.
Ability to Read and Write Standard Business English
- Successful completion of the Applying the QM K-12 Rubric (K-12 APP)
- Successful completion of the K-12 Reviewer Course (K-12 RC)
- Current K-12 Training License held by your organization
- Organization approval. The QM Coordinator (plus lead QMC if part of a consortium), and the participant must sign and submit to QM the "K-12 APPQMR Online Facilitator Parameters" document. The document must be submitted to QM within 3 days of the start of the session. Participants in the K-12 AOFC can download the form prior to the start of their session to obtain signatures.
- At least 30 hours total to complete the course requirements.
The K-12 Online Facilitator Certification is an open enrollment course. Participants have 24 hours from time of registration to begin the course and must complete the course within three weeks.