Master Reviewer Certification (MRC)
The Master Reviewer Certification (MRC) is an advanced certification course for experienced QM Peer Reviewers. The role of QM Master Reviewer is integral to ensuring the rigor and consistency of the peer review process. In this course, Peer Reviewers will learn the role of Master Reviewer including management of the entire review process and coaching peers to ensure helpful recommendations are provided for course improvements.
Master Reviewer Certification is a requirement for Team Chairs on all official course reviews, both QM-Managed and Subscriber-Managed. Prerequisite requirements include successful completion of the Applying the QM Rubric workshop and the Peer Reviewer Course, recent online teaching experience, and service on two official Higher Education QM course review teams (either QM-Managed or Subscriber-Managed).
- Articulate the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Summarize policies, procedures, roles, responsibilities, documents, and resources associated with official course reviews (QM-Managed and Subscriber-Managed).
- Identify solutions to problems that occur during official course reviews.
- Accurately apply the QM Rubric Specific Review Standards and Annotations.
- Coach course reviewers to write helpful recommendations.
- Explain the importance of the role Master Reviewers (Team Chairs) play in the QM-Recognized course review process.
- Successful completion of the Applying the QM Rubric (APPQMR) workshop
- Successful completion of the Peer Reviewer Course (PRC)
- Must be a QM Certified Peer Reviewer
- Must have served on two official Higher Education QM-Managed or Subscriber-Managed course reviews, (not internal course reviews)
A substantial time commitment is necessary to demonstrate the competencies necessary to complete the MRC. Peer Reviewers enrolled in the MRC should expect to spend between 16 and 30 hours to complete this course in the two week period. The MRC contains a "Knowledge Test" that must be completed within the first two days of the course. Successful completion of the test is required to continue in the course. Deadlines must be met to continue. Successful completion is determined by facilitators.
Maintain the Master Reviewer role status by completing the Master Reviewer Re-Certification course annually ($50.00 fee).