Design That Welcomes Your Learners (Standards 1 & 7)
In the "Design That Welcomes Your Learners" workshop, faculty who teach online and blended courses will explore design features that create an online environment that encourages active learning by their learners. Participants will create their "Getting Started" instructions, a self-introduction, and set expectations for learners in the online classroom. In addition, participants will explore the learner support services at their own institutions and design techniques to help their learners access those services. Valuable feedback from colleagues is provided throughout the workshop.
- Recognize the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Explain and apply the Specific Review Standards in General Standard 1: Course Overview and Introduction to your course.
- Explain and apply the Specific Review Standards in General Standard 7: Learner Support to your course.
- Identify and prioritize improvements to your course based on your review of the Specific Review Standards in General Standards 1 and 7.
- 8-10 hours per week
- An online or blended course to work with