K-12 Reviewer Course (K-12 RC)
Please refer to the Schedule & Checklist for more information on course requirements.
The K-12 Reviewer Course includes a review of Quality Matters, practice critiquing and writing helpful recommendations, and a Practice Review in which participants review specific standards in a simulated online course review using the QM web-based course review system.
A rigorous course, modeled after the expectations of the K-12 and K-12 Publisher Reviewer Roles. After successfully completing this course, participants may be eligible for K-12 Course Reviewer certification by meeting these requirements:
- Successful completion of the K-12 Applying the QM Rubric Workshop and the K-12 Reviewer Course.
- Current teaching or development experience of an online or blended course (within the last 18 months).
- Complete the K-12 Reviewer Application and a Memo of Understanding. Submit to QM.
- Successful completion of the K-12 Applying the QM Rubric (K-12 APP) workshop
- Ability to Read and Write Standard Business English
At least 22 hours total to complete the course requirements.
Please allow one week between the completion date of the K-12 Applying the Quality Matters Rubric Workshop and the starting date of the K-12 Reviewer Course to ensure your record reflects successful completion of the K-12 APP.
We offer Graduate Credit for taking this course through Ashland University. Contact us for more information.