Designing Your Blended Course (DYBC)
The “Designing Your Blended Course” workshop explores the eight General Standards in the QM Rubric and provides a framework to build a blended course. While QM recognizes that each institution will define "blended" in its own way, this framework will work with any combination of face-to-face and online elements. Participants use the QM Rubric to review key blended elements and develop a plan for one module for your blended course.
- Recognize characteristics of the QM process.
- Recognize the key definitions for blended course elements.
- Recognize essential elements of blended courses.
- Identify the QM Rubric Standards that have additional requirements for blended courses.
- Apply the QM Standards to a “module” in one of your blended courses.
- Identify specific strengths and weaknesses of your course objectives or competencies, assessments, materials, activities, and tools.
- A blended course your are developing (you will develop one module in the workshop)
- 8 to 10 hours of time per week to spend on achieving the learning objectives