Design That Welcomes Your Learners (Standards 1 & 7)
Please refer to the Schedule & Checklist for more information on workshop requirements.
Explore course design features that help students succeed from the outset and access the institutional support they need in the Design that Welcomes Your Learners workshop. Topics include getting learners started, establishing expectations and policies, communicating prerequisites, connecting with learners, and facilitating access to support services. You will review your online course and complete an Improvement Plan for each of these areas.
- Recognize the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Apply the Specific Review Standards in General Standard 1, Course Overview and Introduction, to your course.
- Apply the Specific Review Standards in General Standard 7, Learner Support, to your course.
- Identify and prioritize improvements to your course based on your review of the Specific Review Standards in General Standards 1 and 7.
Ability to Read and Write Standard Business English
Online option: A minimum commitment of 5-7 hours per week is recommended for achieving the learning objectives.
Virtual option: A commitment of 4 hours to attend the workshop.
- An online or blended course to complete activities in the workshop.