Design That Welcomes Your Learners (Standards 1 & 7)
In the "Design That Welcomes Your Learners" workshop, faculty who teach online and blended courses will explore design features that set social and instructional presence and provide institution support for their learners. Participants will create their "Getting Started" instructions, a self-introduction, and set expectations for learners in the online classroom. In addition, participants will explore the learner support services at their own institutions and design techniques to help their learners access those services. Valuable feedback from colleagues is provided throughout the workshop.
- Recognize the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Apply the Specific Review Standards in General Standard 1, Course Overview and Introduction, to your course.
- Apply the Specific Review Standards in General Standard 7, Learner Support, to your course.
- Identify and prioritize improvements to your course based on your review of the Specific Review Standards in General Standards 1 and 7.
- 5-7 hours of time per week to spend on achieving the learning objectives
- An online or blended course to work with