Connecting Learning Objectives & Assessments (Standards 2 & 3)
The “Connecting Learning Objectives and Assessments” workshop reviews course- and module-level learning objectives or competencies while using alignment to ensure that assessments are varied and supportive of the learning objectives or competencies. Participants apply these concepts to developing and/or reviewing their own course objectives or competencies and assessments. The content is based on Standards 2 and 3 of the Quality Matters Rubric.
- Recognize the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Apply the concept of alignment to your course.
- Apply the Specific Review Standards in General Standard 2, Learning Objectives (Competencies), to your course.
- Apply the Specific Review Standards in General Standard 3, Assessment and Measurement, to your course.
- Identify and prioritize improvements to your course based on your review of the Specific Review Standards in General Standards 2 and 3.
- 5-7 hours of time per week to spend on achieving the learning objectives