Introductions and Overviews: Helping Learners Get Started
The “Introductions and Overviews: Helping Learners Get Started" workshop explores methods you can use to ensure your learners get off on the right foot. Participants will learn why it is important to provide clear instructions for learners on how to get started in the course, how to navigate the site, the purpose of the course, posting a self-introduction, and having learners introduce themselves. The participants will create a mock-up of a “Getting Started” page and a “Self-Introduction” during the workshop.
- Explain the importance of providing learners with clear instructions on getting started.
- Discuss the importance of providing your learners with the purpose and structure of the course.
- Develop a Getting Started page for a course you currently teach online or blended.
- Explain the importance of including a self-introduction and having learners complete a self-introduction.
- Develop a self-introduction that you can use in your own blended or online course.
- 2 hours of focused time
Enrollment Requirements: 10 minimum - 20 maximum per session