Learning is Not a Spectator Sport: Make It Active!
Make the learning in your online courses ACTIVE! In this interactive session, we’ll explore different learning preferences and the types of interactions that can foster active learning to encourage collaboration, increase learner motivation and performance, and promote critical and creative thinking skills. We’ll work together to identify examples of active learning in an actual online unit and then individually apply these concepts to your own course.
- Discuss the types of learning preferences.
- Describe active learning.
- Discuss learner interaction.
- Discuss strategies for promoting active learning.
- Analyze your own activities to determine how to incorporate active learning.
- A headset
- 2 hours of focused time
Enrollment Requirements: 10 minimum - 20 maximum per session