K-12 Master Reviewer Certification
The QM K-12 Master Reviewer Certification (K-12 MRC) is an advanced certification course for experienced QM K-12 Secondary and Publisher Course Reviewers. The role of a QM K-12 Master Reviewer is integral to ensuring the rigor and consistency of the course review process. In this course, reviewers will learn the role of a Master Reviewer includes the management of the entire review process and coaching peers to ensure helpful recommendations are provided for course improvements.
Upon successful completion of this certification course and completion of the QM K-12 Master Reviewer Role Application, QM K-12 Master Reviewers are noted in the QM database and are called upon to lead reviews. The QM K-12 Master Reviewer Certification is a rigorous and demanding certification course that prepares participants to hold the role of QM-Certified K-12 Master Reviewer. While self-paced, the course is facilitated and participants will have two weeks from enrollment to complete the course.
- Articulate the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Summarize policies, procedures, roles, responsibilities, documents, and resources associated with official course reviews.
- Identify solutions to problems that occur during official course reviews.
- Accurately apply the QM Rubric Specific Review Standards and Annotations.
- Coach course reviewers to write helpful recommendations.
- Explain the importance of the role Master Reviewers (Team Chairs) play in the QM-Recognized course review process.
A substantial time commitment is necessary to demonstrate the competencies necessary to complete the QM K-12 Master Reviewer Certification. QM K-12 Reviewers enrolled should expect to spend between 16 and 30 hours to complete this course in the two week period. Successful completion is determined by the course facilitator.