Master Reviewer Certification (MRC)
The Master Reviewer Certification (MRC) is an advanced certification course for experienced QM Peer Reviewers. The role of QM Master Reviewer is integral to ensuring the rigor and consistency of the peer review process. In this course, Peer Reviewers will learn the role of Master Reviewer including management of the entire review process and coaching peers to ensure helpful recommendations are provided for course improvements.
Master Reviewer Certification is a requirement for Team Chairs on all official course reviews, both QM-Managed and Subscriber-Managed. Prerequisite requirements include successful completion of the Applying the QM Rubric workshop and the Peer Reviewer Course, recent online teaching experience, and service on two official Higher Education QM course review teams (either QM-Managed or Subscriber-Managed).
- Articulate the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Explain the importance of the role Master Reviewers (Team Chairs) play in the QM-Certified course review process.
- Solve problems that occur during QM Course Reviews.
- Coach course reviewers to write helpful recommendations.
- Coach review teams through the course review process according to official QM Course Review policies and procedures.
- Use the Course Review Management System to perform course review tasks assigned to the Master Reviewer (Team Chair).
- Successful completion of the Applying the QM Rubric (APPQMR) workshop
- Successful completion of the Peer Reviewer Course (PRC)
- Must be a QM Certified Peer Reviewer
- Must have served on two official Higher Education QM-Managed or Subscriber-Managed course reviews, (not internal course reviews)
A substantial time commitment is necessary to demonstrate the competencies necessary to complete the MRC. Peer Reviewers enrolled in the MRC should expect to spend between 16 and 30 hours to complete this course in the three week period. The MRC contains a "Review of QM Exam" that must be completed by day three of the course. Participants who do not complete the exam after two attempts will not be able to continue in the course (the fee if the exam is not successfully completed is $50.00). Deadlines must be met to continue. Successful completion is determined by the Facilitator.
Maintain the Master Reviewer role status by completing the Master Reviewer Recertification course annually ($50.00 fee).