“We must provide our students with the best education possible”
Ever since The Chicago School of Professional Psychology (TCSPP) launched their Online Campus, they’ve been motivated to build online programs to QM Standards and provide high-quality online courses to their students. As QM Members since 2012, TCSPP also expects all faculty to be trained through QM so they can meet key performance indicators and accessibility standards, develop strong rubrics based on best practices, and build highly engaging and academically sound online courses. According to Dr. Tiffany Masson, Campus Dean for their Online Campus, these goals are what led them to pursue—and achieve—QM Program Certification in Learner Support.
“We’re a reflective group that appreciates feedback and wants to learn how we can continue improving the quality of our online courses,” explains Tiffany. Ensuring every student experiences a quality online education is a paramount focus at TCSPP Online Campus. The QM Learner Support Certification exemplifies their commitment to quality. “We must provide our students with the best education possible,” says Tiffany. “This ensures students are ready for what comes after graduation—that they’re prepared to achieve their career aspirations, make an impact in their local communities, and effect positive change across the world.” With QM Certification, TCSPP feels they’re on the right track to setting their students up for success in the real world.
Although TCSPP only recently achieved their QM Certification in Learner Support, they already have plans to pursue additional certification. This will help them to further assess different areas of their Online Campus. The two certifications they’re currently interested in are Online Learner Success and Online Teaching Support. TCSPP is also in the process of promoting their new certification through a few different outlets, such as the President’s external and internal communications, the Online Campus Newsletter, their website and social media pages, and a press release. When current and former students see that TCSSP is committed to certifying the quality of their programs, they’ll know they made the right choice for pursuing their education goals.
If you’re considering a QM Program Certification, Tiffany has some helpful suggestions for how your school can be successful:
- Keep in mind that there are many external and sometimes internal demands coming at those who are leading online education programs.
- Develop and stay steadfast in your vision for where you want your online courses or program to be in 1–5 years.
- Continue investing in QM and other online education training or professional development for your employees. This is a fast-changing field and being at the cutting-edge of meaningful technology is important.
- Develop key performance metrics for your faculty and collect data across multiple areas to ensure you’re on the right track.
- Keep faculty and staff informed of these metrics and areas where they shine (with regard to your vision and goals for your online program).
- Acknowledge areas of opportunity for improvement and create a transparent plan toward success. Be explicit when defining success and create avenues for faculty and staff to become part of the process in helping everyone reach their goals.
- Celebrate with faculty and staff when you achieve your collective goals!