Quality Matters (QM) supports the provisions of Standard 8, Accessibility and Usability, in the QM Rubric. QM strongly supports reasonable accommodation for all participants.
Participants who require additional accommodations should contact their institution's disability services or access office or QM as soon as possible after they register for a QM course.
All QM workshops and courses are offered in Moodle. Moodle 2.7 complies with all major international standards in the area of accessibility, including XHTML Strict 1.0. For more information on Moodle and its development, please visit the Moodle Overview webpage.
QM's workshops and courses include the following:
- ALT tags that contain appropriate information about the graphic and/or activity.
- Appropriate color combinations that minimize color blindness effects.
- Appropriate font and font-size combinations to improve readability.
- Links to descriptions of accommodation features for the learning management platform (Moodle) and any additional third party tools, e.g., SoftChalk.
- Minimal use of bullets and/or charts that may be confusing to participants who use electronic readers.
- Transcripts and/or closed captioning for video and audio clips.
The above features demonstrate QM's understanding of the importance of providing a learning environment that supports qualified participants. Participants who require additional accommodations should contact their institution's disability services or access office or Quality Matters as soon as possible after they register for a QM workshop or course.