Teaching Online: An Introduction to Online Delivery (TOL)
The ”Teaching Online: An Introduction to Online Delivery” workshop explores basic components of online course delivery. Participants will be introduced to differences between traditional face-to-face learning and online learning, the instructor’s role in the online classroom, the importance of getting (and keeping) students engaged, and methods of facilitating online discussions using the discussion board.
- List differences between F2F and online learning.
- Compare and contrast the instructor’s role in online learning to the instructor’s role in face-to-face learning.
- Compare and contrast the learner’s role in online learning to the learner’s role in face-to-face learning.
- List methods of orienting learners to online learning.
- Explain the importance of orienting learners to online learning
- List methods of engaging and motivating learners in online workshops
- Explain the role of instructor feedback in online workshops.
- Determine appropriate instructor feedback.
- List best practices for facilitating discussion board discussions.
- Create a grading policy for assessing learner participation in the discussion board.
- Align assessment methods with learning objectives.
8-10 hours per week
QM also offers a Teaching Online Certificate — a package of seven workshops that can be taken in any order. This workshop is not included in the Teaching Online Certificate.