IYOC Online Facilitator Certification (IOFC)
Please refer to the Schedule & Checklist for more information on course requirements.
The IOFC is an intensive, three-week-long course that prepares participants to serve in the role of QM-Certified IYOC Online Facilitator. The course prepares participants who are not currently QM-Certified Online Facilitators to facilitate the online Improving Your Online Course (IYOC) workshop including preparation, navigation, management, and assessment. It includes three weeks of course content and culminating activities.
Upon completion of this certification, the online IYOC workshop will be available upon request from QM for Independent Certified IYOC Online Facilitators in Quality Matters' learning management system (Canvas). A technology fee of $35.00 per enrollment will be charged to the institution, which includes preparation of the site, maintenance, and technical support. Cap for the online version is 20 participants per session. Multiple sessions must be requested to accommodate more than 20 participants.
- Articulate the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Articulate the role the Improving Your Online Course workshop plays at your institution or within your system.
- Facilitate the Improving Your Online Course workshop online.
- Identify logistical aspects of facilitating the Improving Your Online Course workshop online.
- Completion of APPQMR and PRC
- Institution IYOC License must be current. IYOC License is available for Full and System subscribers.
- Institution approval. The QM Coordinator and the participant must sign and submit to QM the “Improving Your Online Course Online Facilitator Parameters” document. Note: For System Subscribers the System Lead QM Coordinator must sign the “Improving Your Online Course Online Facilitator Parameters” document, too. The document must be submitted to QM prior to the conclusion of the course.
- Completion of the Facilitator Parameters document
- Ability to Read and Write Standard Business English
- A substantial time commitment is required to demonstrate the competencies necessary to complete the IOFC. Participants enrolled in the IOFC should expect to spend approximately 30 hours to complete this course in the three week period (some participants spend much more time than 30 hours).
- The IOFC includes an essay test that must be completed by the second day of the course (Friday) and is estimated to take three hours to complete.
- Ability to attend the required synchronous session (held on the first or second day of the course).
- Complete and sign the Improving Your Online Course Online Facilitator Parameters document.
The synchronous session is mandatory for all participants in the course.
The IYOC Online Facilitator Certification Course is currently an open enrollment course. Participants have 24 hours from time of registration to start the course and must complete the course within three weeks.