Designing Quality Online Learning Research
Please refer to the Schedule & Checklist for more information on workshop requirements.
In this workshop, participants are asked to come with a general idea/topic that they’d like to research. Through the course of the workshop, they will grow and refine that idea into a quality research proposal. Whether you’re new to researching online learning or are an experienced researcher, the learning activities in this workshop, along with the feedback and guidance of your facilitator and peers, will help you avoid some of the pitfalls in online learning research and develop a quality research project to meet stakeholder needs.
- Describe the foundational concepts of Quality Matters and the information and resources for QM-focused research.
- Create an appropriate research question based on current interests/needs, and refine your question based on a brief literature review.
- Identify and define the variables in your study, and account for the unique barriers and considerations in online learning research by addressing confounding variables.
- Draft a research study design with a doable methodology for data collection and analysis.
- Contribute articles, finding, and ideas to online learning research.
At least 17 hours total to complete the workshop requirements.