Improving Your Online Course (IYOC)
Refer to the Schedule & Checklist for more information on the workshop requirements. Note that the Schedule & Checklist for Independent sessions may vary from the Schedule & Checklist provided here.
The “Improving Your Online Course” workshop explores the QM Rubric and provides a framework to improve the quality of online courses. Participants use the QM Rubric to review their own online courses and develop a course improvement plan.
The content is based on the essential Specific Review Standards of the Quality Matters Rubric. Participants come away with a plan for course improvement so enrolling in the workshop with a pre-developed online course is required.
- Recognize the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Apply the essential Specific Review Standards of the Quality Matters Rubric to your own online course.
- Describe the alignment of at least one module/unit in your online course.
- Prioritize improvements to your online course.
- An online course to improve.
- 8 to 10 hours of time per week to spend on achieving the learning objectives.
Those without an existing online course to improve should sign up for the Designing Your Online Course workshop.