Flip the Switch: Motivate Learners with Course Tools and Tech (K-12 FSML)
Course tools and technology can have a significant impact on learner motivation and learner engagement. That's why it is so important to find the best tool or technology to support learners' achievement of course objectives or competencies. Whether you are teaching a course that you have created yourself, a course that you have "inherited," or one that was created by your school system or a third-party, this workshop will guide you in evaluating what tools are already being used and explore new tools that may be more effective in delivering course content and increasing learner engagement in the process. This workshop is part of the K-12 Precision Workshop Series (fourth in the series), however, it can be taken as a stand-alone session.
- Recognize the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Apply the Specific Review Standards and Annotations in General Standard 6, Course Technology, to course design.
- Apply the concept of alignment to course design.
- Evaluate technology and tools used in course design to ensure they promote interaction that support active learning and support the achievement of the learning objectives or competencies.
- Integrate tools and technology in course design to motivate and engage learners.
A course or unit to apply the learning objectives to and 6 - 8 hours of time.