Instructional Materials: Investigating What Works (K-12 IMWW)
Please refer to the Schedule & Checklist for more information on workshop requirements.
We’re always looking for ways to freshen up our lessons and ways to differentiate instruction in order to help our learners master their learning objectives. In this workshop, we will explore places to find engaging instructional materials that are a good fit — both within the context of your unit and for your particular students. In doing so, you will learn about each of the Specific Review Standards in General Standard 4 and apply Specific Review Standards 2.1 C and 2.2 C to ensure that course and module/unit-level objectives are measurable and the module/unit-level objectives are consistent with the course-level objectives. This workshop is part of the K-12 Precision Workshop Series (second in the series), however, it can be taken as a stand-alone session.
- Recognize the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Apply the criteria for purposeful instructional materials from the Specific Review Standards in General Standard 4 to course design.
- Apply Specific Review Standards 2.1 C and 2.2 C to course design.
- Apply the concept of alignment to course design.
- Evaluate the instructional materials you are currently using in your course.
- Select instructional materials to add to your course to increase breadth and depth.
Ability to Read and Write Standard Business English
A unit or course to work on. At least 8 hours total to complete the workshop requirements.