Learners engage with instructional material differently online, and the online classroom also provides opportunities to include new content, including OER and other web-based material. The following series of workshops addresses various aspects of instructional material that faculty and staff need to be considering, with attention to alignment, engagement, and accessibility.
Faculty who complete this package will be able to:
- Re-examine and determine if the instructional materials they have been using are suitable for the online course
- Apply the principle of alignment to the use of instructional materials and learning activities to support learners’ achievement of learning objectives
- Explore and apply the flipped approach/model, if appropriate, to synchronous teaching and learning
- Use basic HTML to create accessible web content
- Research and adopt quality content such as OER for online courses
To set up dedicated sessions for one or more of these workshops, please contact QM's Professional Development Registrar or complete the form on this page.
- These sessions are interactive and require that each participant log in on their own computer and use a headset.
- Choose one or several sessions for your group of 10+ participants to achieve your accessibility goals.
- Dedicated sessions can be set up for a time and date that is convenient for your group. You can also create your own series by selecting sessions from different categories.
- Fee is per workshop, with a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 20 participants per workshop.