Is this Membership right for you?
Whether you belong to an existing system or wish to create your own system, this subscription gives organizations a more cost-effective way to collaborate with one another as they work toward improving course design and meeting QM standards. organizations who join this Membership will benefit from conducting course reviews together, sharing QM resources, and leveraging professional development workshops to inspire action across the system.
With the System Subscription, organizations can offer the Applying the Quality Matters Rubric (APPQMR) QM workshop once they have certified facilitators in place. An optional license and certification process are also available for the Improving Your Online Course workshop (IYOC). This provides considerable savings and flexibility for offering QM Professional Development designed to assist faculty and staff with using QM Standards effectively — for course improvement AND QM Certification.
How the System Lead and System Affiliate relationship works
One organization will be responsible for taking the lead and showing Affiliates the value of joining a system that’s dedicated to quality assurance in online learning. Ideally, the System Lead should be passionate about creating a culture that’s focused on continuous improvement. The System Lead QM and QM Coordinator for each organization will work together to make sure all staff and faculty are using the membership effectively.
What your Membership includes
- A fully annotated, web-based HE QM Rubric that shows your organizations what to look for when evaluating courses
- A license to facilitate the Applying the Quality Matters Rubric (APPQMR) workshop
- One free seat during the first year of subscription in the Facilitator Certification course, which enables you to deliver the APPQMR workshop
- The ability for all organizations to conduct their own course reviews when they are ready for QM certification
- Discounts on Official QM-managed course reviews and professional development
- Two complimentary seats in the QM Coordinator Training
- MyCR — which allows you to create custom Rubric worksheets for reviewing courses
- Enhanced reporting tools in MyQM allows the System Lead to see how affiliate organizations are using the membership
- QM IDA Membership, which connects instructional designers to resources that support their QM efforts
- The QM Research Library helps you create a culture of quality assurance within your organization
- Exclusive QM Success Stories webinars from other Members
How to make the most of your Membership
- Define your quality assurance goals and create a QM implementation plan
- Select a System Lead QM Coordinator who will organize joint course reviews, set up professional development for Affiliates, and handle all billing
- Choose a QM Coordinator for each affiliate. This person will inspire effective implementation across their organization
- Consider the professional development needs of your faculty and staff for learning to use the QM Rubric, facilitating workshops, and improving courses
- Review and share QM Research resources
- Consider taking steps now for preparing your organization to become a Program Certification candidate in the future
Become part of a community that believes quality matters
Once you’ve signed your system up for QM Membership, you’ll want to grow your inner circle and encourage affiliates to join you. We then give you the tools you need to empower each organization to create well-designed courses that engage learners, focus on continuous improvement, and meet quality assurance goals. Anytime you need more support, the QM Community is here for you.
Next steps — activate your Membership
- Make a list of Affiliates that will be a part of the system (you can always add/change later)
- Select your System Lead QM Coordinator and encourage each organization to choose their own QM Coordinator
- Fill out the form on the right
- Review, sign and return the Subscription Agreement you’ll receive via email
- Process payment information for the invoice received with the Subscription Agreement
- Create MyQM Accounts and start using your membership
Resources and community await you
- Gain access to research and insights related to QM and online learning
- Get support from QM Colleagues
- Learn from QM Success Stories
- Attend conferences at a discounted rate
- Learn and share at the System Lead QMC Retreat
- Share ideas and issues with other System Leads at quarterly virtual meetings