QM Members who serve on the Rubric Committee for the Seventh Edition of the Higher Education Rubric need to be experienced with the QM Higher Education Rubric, Sixth Edition as described below. Committee members volunteer a significant amount of time and effort that benefits the entire QM Community.
A member of the committee should be well-versed in the Quality Matters Higher Education Rubric, Sixth Edition, and the official QM course review process as it is currently conducted. A well-versed individual may be one of the following:
- A QM-Certified Master Reviewer
- A QM-Certified Facilitator
- A QM-Certified Peer Reviewer who has participated in three or more official QM Course Reviews
- A QM Member who actively shares and champions QM Standards
In particular, we seek committee members with documented institutional experience and expertise in these areas:
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
- Accessibility (General Standard 8)
- Competency-based education or learning (CBE/CBL)
- Synchronous and multi-modal digital learning environments
- Higher Education Continuing Education (CPE)
The HE Rubric Committee will be a working committee, with each member playing a role in fulfilling the goals of transparency and QM community-wide representation in the revision process. A member should plan to devote three to six hours per month to the process between now and March of 2023. Work outside of committee meetings is expected, and active participation is required of all members to make our work efficient and productive.
Instructions for Responding
A special invitation was sent out on March 1 to request nominations. Please use the nomination link in that email to nominate yourself or another qualified candidate.
If you would like to nominate someone to serve on the committee, please contact the person you are nominating ahead of time to ascertain her or his interest and availability and provide a brief overview of the nominee’s qualifications.
Nominations must be submitted by Tuesday, March 22, 2022. Nominations are now closed. Thank you for your responses!