Online Courses and Workshops
Participants enrolled in an online course or workshop must have reliable access to a computer and high-speed Internet access. Other requirements include:
- Computer Requirements:
- Operating System Windows 10 or Mac OSX 10.6+
- Screen Size: Canvas is best viewed at a minimum resolution of 800x600. Canvas recommends using the Canvas mobile app if you want to view Canvas on a device with a smaller screen. The app is called Canvas Student and is available for Android or Apple devices.
Important: Some course/workshop materials are best viewed on a standard computing device, and there may be activities that require the use of tools that are only available on standard computing devices.
- Ability to view Google Docs: if your institution restricts access to Google Docs, please work with your IT department to ensure your ability to view
- Accessibility: See Canvas Supported Screen Readers and other features.
- Internet Speed: Minimum bandwidth of 8 Mbps upload/download speed
- Recommended Browsers (latest version): Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari
- Listening & Speaking: Speakers or headphones can be used to listen to videos (closed captions are available).
Web Conferencing and Virtual Workshops
See Zoom System Requirements. QM Live! webconferencing workshops and virtually delivered workshops may require participants to use a headset. Check the webpage for the workshop or contact your facilitator for details.
Computer and internet access required.