Moving to remote instruction means a new set of guidelines and a new approach to how courses are taught and received. This series of interactive workshops, lays the foundation for helping everyone prepare to carry out their roles in a new learning environment — as instructor or learner — and position themselves for success.
Faculty who complete this package will be able to:
- Articulate pedagogical differences between online teaching and traditional f2f classroom instruction
- Help learners succeed at the get-go by explaining expectations, communicating policies as well as providing support services
- Use action verbs from Bloom’s taxonomy to ensure learning objectives are measurable
- Design or redesign assessments to align with learning objectives and engage learners
- Use proven strategies to design learning activities to promote active learning
- Use basic HTML to create accessible web content
To set up dedicated sessions for one or more of these workshops, please contact QM's Professional Development Registrar or complete the form on this page.
- These sessions are interactive and require that each participant log in on their own computer and use a headset.
- Choose one or several sessions for your group of 10+ participants to achieve your accessibility goals.
- Dedicated sessions can be set up for a time and date that is convenient for your group. You can also create your own series by selecting sessions from different categories.
- Fee is per workshop, with a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 20 participants per workshop.