APPQMR Face-to-Face Facilitator Certification (AFFC)
The AFFC is an intensive, three week long course that prepares participants to serve in the role of QM Certified APPQMR Face-to-Face Facilitator. This course extends understanding of the QM Rubric to a level of expertise that will allow participants to facilitate the face-to-face (F2F) Applying the QM Rubric (APPQMR) workshop at their institutions. It includes two weeks of course content, an extensive two-hour conference call at the end of the second/beginning of the third week and a culminating assignment in the third week.
Upon completion of this certification, the APPQMR workshop may be delivered by Certified Face-to-Face Facilitators at their institutions. Cap for the Face-to-Face version is 30 participants per session. Multiple sessions must be requested to accommodate more than 30 participants.
- Articulate the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Identify the responsibilities and logistics of facilitating the face-to-face Applying the QM Rubric workshop.
- Present the underlying principles of QM, the peer course review process, the QM Rubric, the alignment concept, and writing helpful recommendations.
- Demonstrate the use of the Rubric Standards, Annotations, and the Course Worksheet by applying them to the SPCH 1113 course through a series of activities.
- Successful completion of the Applying the QM Rubric (APPQMR)
- Successful completion of the Peer Reviewer Course (PRC)
- Institution subscription must be on Full or System subscription, (not a Basic subscription)
- Institution approval (and, where applicable, System approval). The QM Coordinator and the participant must sign and submit to QM the “APPQMR Face-to-Face Facilitator Parameters” document. Note: for institutions part of a System subscription, the System Lead QM Coordinator must approve and sign the agreement too. The document must be submitted to QM prior to the conclusion of the course.
- Completion of the APPQMR Facilitator Parameters document
A substantial time commitment is required to demonstrate the competencies necessary to complete the AFFC. Participants enrolled in the AFFC should expect to spend approximately 40 hours to complete this course in the three week period (some participants spend much more time than 40 hours).
Ability to attend the synchronous session at the end of the second/beginning of the third week.
The AFFC includes an essay test that must be completed by the second day of the course (Friday) and is estimated to take three hours to complete.
- Start Date September 13, 2018: Thursday, September 27, 2018, 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- Start Date November 8, 2018: Monday, November 26, 2018, from 12:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m. Eastern Time