Designing Your Online Course (DYOC)
The “Designing Your Online Course” workshop includes an overview of the QM Rubric and provides a framework for participants to design an online course plan. An integral element of the workshop is exploration of the eight General Standards of the QM Rubric, focusing on learning objectives and overall course alignment. Participants will complete a Module Planning Worksheet to design one module of an online course. The worksheet includes course and module learning objectives, assessments that align with the learning objectives, instructional materials that support the learning objectives and activities, and tools and media that enhance student interaction with classmates, content, and the instructor.
- Recognize the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Apply the essential QM Rubric Specific Review Standards to online course design.
- Discuss the structure to be used for organizing your online course.
- Create a course plan for developing your online course.
- Align one module for development.
- An online course your are developing (you will develop one module in the workshop)
- 8 to 10 hours of time per week to spend on achieving the learning objectives