Accelerated IYOC Online Facilitator Certification (AIOFC)
The AIOFC is an intensive, two-week-long course that prepares participants to serve in the role of QM Certified IYOC Online Facilitator. The course prepares qualified participants to facilitate the online Improving Your Online Course (IYOC) workshop including preparation, navigation, management, and assessment. It includes two weeks of course content and culminating activities.
Upon completion of this certification, the online IYOC workshop will be available upon request from QM for Independent Certified IYOC Online Facilitators in Quality Matters' learning management system (Moodle). A technology fee of $25.00 per enrollment will be charged to the institution, which includes preparation of the site, maintenance, and technical support. Cap for the online version is 20 participants per session. Multiple sessions must be requested to accommodate more than 20 participants.
- Articulate the role the Improving Your Online Course workshop plays at your institution or within your System.
- Facilitate the Improving Your Online Course workshop online.
- Summarize the logistics of facilitating the Improving Your Online Course workshop online.
- Current role of Certified Online Facilitator
- Institution IYOC License must be current. IYOC License is available for Full and System subscribers.
- Institution approval. The QM Coordinator and the participant must sign and submit to QM the “Improving Your Online Course Online Facilitator Parameters” document. Note: For System Subscribers the System Lead QM Coordinator must sign the “Improving Your Online Course Online Facilitator Parameters” document, too. The document must be submitted to QM prior to the conclusion of the course.
- Completion of the Facilitator Parameters document
A substantial time commitment is required to demonstrate the competencies necessary to complete the IOFC. Participants enrolled in the IOFC should expect to spend approximately 20 hours to complete this course in the two week period (some participants spend much more time than 20 hours).
Complete and sign the Improving Your Online Course Online Facilitator Parameters document
The Accelerated IYOC Online Facilitator Certification Course is currently an open enrollment course. Participants can register and begin at any time but are required to complete within two weeks.