IYOC Face-to-Face Facilitator Certification (IFFC)
The IFFC is an intensive, three-week-long course that prepares participants to serve in the role of QM-Certified IYOC Face-to-Face Facilitator. The course extends understanding of the QM Rubric to a level of expertise that will allow participants to facilitate the face-to-face (F2F) Improving Your Online Course (IYOC) workshop at their institutions or for their systems. It includes three weeks of course content and an extensive two-hour conference call at the end of course along with a culminating assignment.
Upon completion of this certification, the IYOC workshop may be delivered by Certified IYOC Face-to-Face Facilitators at their institutions or systems using QM folders. Cap for the face-to-face workshop is 20 participants per session. Multiple sessions should be scheduled to accommodate more than 20 participants.
- Articulate the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Articulate the role the Improving Your Online Course workshop plays at your institution or within your system.
- Facilitate the Improving Your Online Course workshop face-to-face.
- Identify logistical aspects of facilitating the Improving Your Online Course workshop face-to-face.
- Completion of APPQMR and PRC
- IYOC License must be current. IYOC License is available for Full and System subscribers.
- Institution approval. The QM Coordinator and the participant must sign and submit to QM the "Improving Your Online Course Face-to-Face Facilitator Parameters" document. Note: For System Subscribers the System Lead QM Coordinator must sign the "Improving Your Online Course Face-to-Face Facilitator Parameters" document, too. The document must be submitted to QM by the end of the course.
- Completion of the Facilitator Parameters document
- A substantial time commitment is required to demonstrate the competencies necessary to complete the IFFC. Participants enrolled in the IFFC should expect to spend approximately 30 hours to complete the course in the three week period (some participants spend much more time than 30 hours).
- The IFFC includes an essay test that must be completed by the second day of the course (Friday) and is estimated to take three hours to complete.
- Ability to attend the required synchronous session at the end of the third week.
- Complete and sign the Improving Your Online Course Face-to-Face Facilitator Parameters
One two-hour synchronous session in the third week