Accelerated IYOC Face-to-Face Facilitator Certification (AIFFC)
The Accelerated IFFC is an intensive, two-week-long course that prepares F2F Facilitators to serve in the role of QM Certified IYOC Face-to-Face Facilitator. The course extends understanding of the QM Rubric to a level of expertise that will allow participants to facilitate the face-to-face (F2F) Improving Your Online Course (IYOC) workshop at their institutions. It includes two weeks of course content and an extensive two-hour conference call at the end of course along with a culminating assignment.
Upon completion of this certification, the IYOC workshop may be delivered by Certified IYOC Face-to-Face Facilitators at their institutions using QM folders. Cap for the face-to-face workshop is 20 participants per session. Multiple sessions should be scheduled to accommodate more than 20 participants.
- Articulate the role the Improving Your Online Course workshop plays at your institution or within your system.
- Facilitate the Improving Your Online Course workshop face-to-face .
- Summarize the logistics of facilitating the Improving Your Online Course workshop face-to-face .
- Current role of Certified Face-to-Face Facilitator
- IYOC License must be current. IYOC License is available for Full and System subscribers.
- Institution approval. The QM Coordinator and the participant must sign and submit to QM the "Improving Your Online Course Face-to-Face Facilitator Parameters" document. Note: For System Subscribers the System Lead QM Coordinator must sign the "Improving Your Online Course Face-to-Face Facilitator Parameters" document, too. The document must be submitted to QM by the end of the course.
- Completion of the Facilitator Parameters document
A substantial time commitment is required to demonstrate the competencies necessary to complete the IFFC. Participants enrolled in the IFFC should expect to spend approximately 20 hours to complete the course in the two week period (some participants spend much more time than 20 hours).
Ability to attend the required synchronous session at the end of the second week. The facilitator will schedule a time and date after registration.
Complete and sign the Improving Your Online Course Face-to-Face Facilitator Parameters
The Accelerated IYOC F2F Facilitator Certification Course is currently an open enrollment course. Participants have 24 hours from time of registration to start the course and must complete the course within two weeks.